Monday 24 June 2013

Three Counties Show, Malvern

Last weekend we took ourselves off to the Three Counties Show at Malvern and it was a really good day.  We saw lots ....


I was VERY interested in the honey as I'm starting a beekeeping course this winter, in time for me to have my own hive next spring.  How exciting is that!!!  I'll do another post all about this and show you some pictures from an open evening I went to.  Anyway, back to the show ..... can you believe that honey can come in so many different colours.


They had a farrier competition and boy, did they work hard! 


I couldn't resist taking a photo of this guy. 


Now, how cute is this fellow.  So curly and soft and cute, cute cute. 


This little man was so friendly.  His coat was soooo thick and dense, I couldn't stop feeling it. 


I wonder how nervous these guys were, stood waiting for the results. 


I thought these two looked lovey together.


So pretty! 


Baby cow, mummy cow and daddy cow ..... now, where is Goldilocks?? 


This man was such a handsome chap.  Really, really picture perfect and deserved all of his prizes you can see pinned up. 


I felt so sorry for this young lady.  The pig rang circles around her .... literally!  She had no control over her and spent the whole time running around the enclosure trying to keep up.  It raised many a giggle and thankfully she was laughing too. 


Isn't he just a perfect looking judge? 


I can not tell you how noisy these little girls were, my god they made such a racket! 


It was such a great day, with load to see and do.  We can home really tired after walking around for five hours, but it was worth it.  We're hoping to go to another show over the summer and see some more lovely animals, because they really are my favourite part. 

2 comments:

  1. I love country fairs like these. That photo of all the jars of honey lined up is great - I honestly had no idea it came in so many different shades. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it. The colour all depends on the pollen they collect. The very dark honey comes from horse chestnut (I think!!).

      Delete